Career Pathways Toolkit
This toolkit was developed as part of the Ford Foundation's Community College Bridges to Opportunity Initiative. Bridges to Opportunity was a multi-year initiative that sought to reform State policy with the aim of improving education and employment outcomes for educationally and economically disadvantaged adults in six States using a Career Pathways model.
The toolkit is organized into three main sections, and also includes background information on the Career Pathways model as well as a resource index and glossary. The main sections of the toolkit cover:
- Planning, Building and Fine-Tuning Career Pathways;
- Strengthening Leadership and Support for the Career Pathways; and
- Spreading the Message.
Each of these sections is broken down into stages or action steps for State and local leaders to follow in implementing a Career Pathways initiative. For each action step the toolkit includes:
- The key question surrounding that stage, and how to address it;
- Links to relevant online toolkits, templates, and references; and
- A case study from a State or program that excels in each action step.
Get Adobe Reader