Career Pathways Toolkit: Six Key Elements For Success
The Career Pathways Toolkit: Six Key Elements for Success was developed as part of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration's Career Pathways Initiative to help guide State and local leaders in building and sustaining career pathway systems. The 2015 update provides information about the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
The toolkit is designed around the Six Key Elements Framework:
1. Build cross-agency partnerships and clarify roles;
2. Identify sector or industry and engage employers;
3. Design education and training programs;
4. Identify funding needs and sources;
5. Align policies and programs; and
6. Measure system change and performance.
Each component is explained in the first section and then cross-walked with tools and resources (e.g., reports, webinar recordings) available in the second section to help leadership teams build and sustain Career Pathways systems. The third section provides a glossary and bibliography.
Get Adobe Reader