A Guide for Using Labor Market Data to Improve Student Success
This guide aims to advance colleges' understanding of how to access and use labor market data to improve student success. Specifically, the guide addresses how colleges can use labor market data to:
- Decide which programs to offer and how many students to enroll to meet the labor market demand for those credentials;
- Assess program effectiveness in terms of competencies and post-graduation success;
- Help students make informed choices about which programs and Career Pathways to pursue; and
- Demonstrate to the State and other stakeholders that investments in the college are worthwhile, and that resources are being invested to deliver graduates able to contribute to their families, communities, and States.
The guide is organized in three main sections:
- A description of how colleges can effectively use labor market data. This section includes examples of successful practices from colleges across the country.
- An inventory of available data sources.
- Recommendations for strategies colleges can use to improve labor market data use and access.
Get Adobe Reader