State Strategies for Sustaining and Scaling Grades 9-14 Career Pathways: Toward a Policy Set for Pathways to Prosperity
This toolkit collects information about the supportive policies in place in states involved in the Pathways to Prosperity Network, that are receiving technical assistance in setting up grades 9-14 pathways systems. Relevant policy elements and strategies are catalogued with the aim of developing a policy set that can be used to implement Career Pathways programs in additional states.
The publication has several sections that are based on the Pathways to Prosperity framework’s five levers. Each lever has essential policy implications that could affect the implementation of a Career Pathways system. The sections include:
- Supportive State Policies, which describes how to organize a cross-agency leadership team and jumpstart a regional initiative;
- 9-14 Career Pathways, which gives guidance about supporting dual enrollment and technical education policies;
- Career Information and Advising Systems, which provides resources to develop student learning plans;
- Work-Based Learning (WBL) and Employer Engagement, which offers examples of employer-targeted and education-targeted policies to incentivize WBL; and
- Intermediaries, which outlines the organizational structures necessary to convene stakeholders and distribute WBL opportunities.
Each section summarizes the state of the field, provides specific examples of exemplary State efforts, and describes potential policies that could, if enacted, facilitate the involvement of intermediaries, employers, and industry groups.
Get Adobe Reader